Oslo, Norway Day One


Hello from Olso, Norway. My company sent me overseas to assist with an opportunity to provide IT services to a Norwegian Oil Company. The trip was last minute and uneventful.

I flew from Newark straight to Oslo, Norway. I rode the Train from the airport to the National Theatre which is nestled downtown next the King's Palace. I walked to the Radisson SAS and checked in.

I stepped into my room and I felt I was in an IKEA Superstore. The room is small. Everything is wood and plastic. The door to my hotel room opens out instead of in. I actually got "locked" in the room. Oh well, it's been over 20 years since I've been back to Europe.

I barely had enough time to get unpacked and make my 1:30pm meeting.

Oslo, Norway is seven hours ahead of U.S. Central standard time. The timechange is already challenging.

For dinner we ate at Dinner, an enhanced Chinese restaurant. We ordered 'Medium' spicey on the 5 course dinner. After the first bite of the main course, I could not feel my tongue.

Oslo is beautiful but extemely expensive.

Comments

Unknown said…
Man, I am happy you are getting to visit Norway. I would like to visit there some day.

See you next week.

Popular Posts