Jemima's Birthday

Today is my loving Aunt Jemima's Birthday. Jemima was the first Beatles-lovin', bra-burnin, hippie Beatnik on my mother's side of the family. Mima would hide Beatles albums under her bed so her parents wouldn’t find them and scold her.

Mima has moved to Victoria, TX and may finish her Doctorate in Education before her next birthday. Mima was meant to be an Educator. In her twelve years of public school and learning English as a second language, Jemima only missed one-half day of school. She missed because of a Doctor's appointment.

During her liberal college years at Austin, Mima roomed with my parents and allowed me to type on her ancient typewriter while she did her term papers. This was before computers and word processors.

Thanks Jemima for all the love.
Happy Birthday!

Comments

Thirsty Bear said…
Jemima wrote in an email to the Bear-

"Thank you so much for remembering me on my birthday and for letting me be a part of 'The Bear's Den' first posting. Yes, although my Hippie Days are behind me, I will forever retain my "free spirit," free in Christ, that is.

I enjoyed catching up on the boys! Looking forward to seeing you and the family at Angela's wedding.

Still loving the Beatles,
Aunt Mima"

Popular Posts