Annual Camping


Last Thursday night, the Bear Clan went camping at Brazos Bend State Park about 30 miles south of Missouri City on the Brazos River.

It appeared the weather was going to be unseasonally warm but it turned out perfect getting down to about 45 degrees that night. Perfect? Well, perfectly cold. The boys were unprepared. They brought only short sleeved shirts. We shared our winter clothing with the young 'uns. The moon was bright...flashlights were not needed to travel to the restroom.
I barely slept. The coyotes were howling and the air was bitter cold.
The following morning had an early start with David, BoBo and I huddling around a raging campfire. I burned my foot and melted my shoe because I dozed off too close to the flame.

Eleanor and Jack slept in but were quickly up once they heard the bacon sizzling over the fire.

The boys went riding with Bobo and didn't see any alligators that morning.

Comments

Popular Posts