Covenant Marriage

Just wanted to share with you what happened on Sunday Morning after David Self's Sermon on Communication in Marriage.

David, my oldest, turned to us and said "I would like to invite my Aunt to next week's sermon because she is getting married and she needs to hear the sermon on Covenant Marriage." David is ten-years old. Shock-n-awe to say the least at his boldness and innocence.
Yesterday, he followed through and called his Aunt. She tentatively accepted because she was going to confer with her fiancé about attending.

I asked David why he wanted to invite his favorite and only Aunt.
He replied, "I just want her to know what commitment she is making to Mark, Dad."
Uh...I think he gets it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mijo-

I am so proud of my grandson. I read he wanted to invite his aunt to church. He is in my prayers. No wonder Jesus loved children.

Love, Mom

Popular Posts