13th Wedding Anniversay


Yesterday we celebrated our wedding anniversary. It has been 13 years since we took the plunge. It doesn't seem that long, but it must be because our oldest son in 10! I am not a big celebratory type person. Parties are fine, but making a big hoo-rah-rah out of every little occasion just minimizes the actual days I want to celebrate (like an anniversary). Now I would love to have a big "to-do" over our anniversary, but I'm just too practical. We are taking a cross country road trip later this year, and would rather save money for that, than spend it on one fine night of dining!

As it turned out this year, we didn't have anything planned, just because neither one of us is high maintenance. I even tell Rene' not to buy me flowers or cards or candy. "Save the money," I always say. So he bought me a really nice office chair, which I can enjoy for many years. (Now this is substantially more expensive than a card, but it is much more practical than me sitting on the floor! Plus, we had just finished painting the office and wanted to finish off all the furniture to bring it up to date.)
We did have a lot of fun the day before by playing in two softball games and winning! Rene' pitched two great games; only walked one person; and he hit very well. I had fun, too. I had an on base percentage of 86% and even had an in-the-park homer. To top it off I collided with short stop (I play left field) going for a pop fly. He's hurt worse than me, though probably because I saw it coming and he didn't. I have a bruise on my knee and my neck was sore yesterday. I'm fine today, and am even planning to play in a softball game tonight!

Comments

Thirsty Bear said…
I wouldn't trade a single day in all those 13 years. Well, maybe one for more hair on my head. Ha!

Concerning softball, our team trembles when we show up on the field. They are equating us with the Sopranos...ready to take out family members for the better good of the team.
Anonymous said…
Happy anniversary!!!!!

Love, Grandma & Grandpa

Popular Posts