Indifference...Why?


On my way home today, I came across a car blocking traffic on a busy road. I felt convicted to help this woman. I went out of my way and single-handedly pushed her SUV out of traffic. (The SEAL training is paying off.)

Sonia informed me that her alternator was out and she was just 4 blocks from her destination.
We jumped her car and she went about her way.

I just don't understand why no one offered to help her. Such indifference towards her. The looks on people's faces as they had to change lanes to continue their journey. So put out...so annoyed that someone blocked their way home. The downright nasty looks I received.

Yes. I went out of my way. Yes...it was dangerous pushing a car in flip-flops down a major thoroughfare. But in the end...it cost me nothing to help Sonia out.

Comments

Eric Guel said…
You're in Houston, right? I think people in larger, crowded areas especially tend to think that "someone else" will throw that person a bone and help out. You did a good thing, Thirsty.
Thirsty Bear said…
I have to admit I was angry at first that Sonia was blocking my way home as well. The Lord convicted me to assist her.

Popular Posts