Chess, boar coons, and The Boys


Thursday night The Boys spent the night with us. We played chess -- I defeated Jack in a close match by staying on the offense and having two fronts. However, he was only one move behind me in checkmate if I had faltered. I was feeling pretty good until I played David -- he overwhelmed me! He defeated me with basically five pieces-- 2 pawns, 2 knights, and 1 rook. He didn't not lose a piece. I can't believe. I made the first move and from there on it was downhill for me as he led with his knights. I told him that I wanted my chess book back so that I could read up on some chess moves.

The Boys slept in separate beds because David was not feeling well, and they really liked it. David had the foldout coach in the living room and Jack had the bed in the guest bedroom. Jack placed a big pillow at what should have been the side of the bed and he slept in that position.

Other high lights include Jack eating a whole can of olives -- he asked me to open a can of olives and I was thinking that he would put a few in a small dish and eat them. No, he wanted to take the entire can into the bedroom and watch tv with it. Well, he did and he ate the whole thing. I was wondering if he would be full for supper or get sick. No, he ate pizza and sherbert and wanted more. David ate tomato soup and crackers because he did not feel well.

The Boys boar-cooned up the bedroom when they were watching TV and playing video games (see photo). (Boar coon is how my father used to describe my room when junk and stuff was scattered everywhere.)

God blesses us with wealth when he gave us The Boys.

BoBo and Nanna

Comments

Thirsty Bear said…
Is David drinking a beer in the photo?

Popular Posts