Recital


Today we attended David's and Jack's musical recital. Jack played Boogie Woogie Goose and the Darth Vader Theme on the piano while David played Mission Impossible 3 on the piano and Canon in D on the guitar. I would imagine that they are nervous but they handle it very well. If you want to feel good about America, you should take a look at the music students who participated in the recital today -- they are truly a melting pot of the USA -- here are a few last names: Witten, Shokri, Briceno, Busby Nguyen, Leenheer, Chang, Buchsbaum, Bousehri, Jamison, Koch, Fotovat, Goodarzi, Borujerd, Mirhasheme, Dore, Butler (finally one I can pronounce), Sood, Gulati, Cao, and Ngo. In fact, they remind me of my classes at UH where I can pronounce only one or two students names.

Jack's little league team won their first game in their end of the year tournament. Their next game is Monday night. he got 3 hits.

Saturday morning David earned two stripes in his martial arts training.

Fred and Dora were here for the weekend and got to take everything in.

Dolores says that over 140 people have RSVPed for the wedding on June 14. Mark is hosting a fishing trip out of Freeport the Thursday before the wedding but I declined because of susceptibility to seasickness. Heck when I was looking up remedies for seasickness on the internet, I got clammy just reading about it.

Comments

Popular Posts