Mark and Dolores Got Married

I'm so glad to announce that Mark and Dolores were joined together before family and close friends in marriage. It was a delightful ceremony complete with all the Catholic calisthenics.
Actually it was very sweet. We are happy for Mark and Dolores.
My Mother-in-Law looked beautiful. But my wife was absolutely stunning.

Here are a few words from my Father-in-law-

This morning Eleanor called me to wish a happy father's day. I told her that my father's day present was Dolores' wedding and the family oriented party for Dolores' and Mark's wedding last night.

Before I walked down the aisle with Dolores to give her to Mark, she and I was in a room with Father David. Dolores and I had a few moments to reflect on our 28 years together. I was thinking -- "what do you say to your baby daughter on her wedding day when you only have 2 or 3 minutes to say anything?" I told her was to be a good Catholic -- i.e., a good Christian -- because everything she may face in life would be overarched with her faith in God. I had learned that early in life growing up attending Sunday school weekly and especially in surviving the turmoil of Vietnam and 14 months separation from Nancy and Brian. Plus dealing with the public and political/government problems for 30 years in city government taught me to pray daily. God should come first, then wife and family, and then everything else. So that is what I told her.

Then when we started walking down the aisle, a big lump came in my throat and I hoped that I would not cry.

As far as last night's party, It was great to see friends and family together having a happy and friend time. There was plenty of socializing, visiting, dancing, food, and drink to go around. No matter where I looked, there were people having a good time.

Watching the two grandsons, David and Jack, dance for the first time was a pleasure. Observing Nancy, Brian, Helena, Eleanor, the Boys, etc. on the dance floor doing the YMCA was just plain fun. Hearing Brian, Rene, Jack, John, etc sing was just pure pain . . . . I mean fun.

Listening to Eleanor give her little sister some worldly advice that stressed the importance of God's life in married life made me so proud. Having children who know the importance of God, church, religion, and living the Christian life makes me realize that they understand what life is all about.

Thanks to Dolores and Mark for a great wedding and to all of you for a great party ---- and a Father's Day Present.

Comments

Popular Posts