Tailwind, please?



'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

Last weekend, the MS 150 Bike Ride took place. The purpose of the bicycle ride from Houston to Austin is to raise funds to find a cure for Muscular Sclerosis.

Many folks ride the ride because the challenge is difficult. Unfortunately, this year’s 150 mile ride was plagued with 12-15 mph headwinds. Riders gave up.

After seven hours on my bike, I found myself wondering what in the world I had committed myself. The wind was awful and I was saddle sore. I had fought cramping in my right thigh for the last 40 miles. I couldn’t feel two fingers on my left hand. Gatorade and bananas tasted like sand. To add to my mental anguish, this was only Day One and I was eight miles from the halfway point and my speedometer read 13 mph.

I was not going to give up…but hopping a ride to Austin sounded really good. I knew this moment would pass. The pain I felt paled in comparison to having MS. So I uttered a prayer. “Lord, please do something about the wind.” I continued to peddle and then something happened…

WE TURNED! The wind was now a TAILWIND. My speedometer read 26mph. I rode into LaGrange strong and victorious.

Silly, eh? No, God had placed me 92 miles from Houston on April 12th and He knew exactly when I would call His name for help. God knew exactly where I would be and His timing is perfect and His provision is enough.

Where are you standing today? God knows.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have talked to several MS150 riders and the thing they mention most often is the head wind. You must have been blessed with the tailwind.

The MS150 is a major miracle getting everyone from Houston to Austin with the few number of crashes as they do.
Thirsty Bear said…
It was a major miracle to finish it. Thank you for your comments.

Popular Posts