Triples and root canals

Wednesday in their game against the Cubs, the Tigers lost 12-8. Jack went 2 for 3 with 2 triples, 4 rbi's, and 2 runs scored. It was a game that could have gone either way, and had the Tigers executed some easy outs at 1st in the 1st inning, the Tigers would have won; however, they gave up 5 runs in the first even though every ball hit didn't make it past the infield.

Jack had a good time because he was hitting well. Both of his triples were hit to the left side of the field and they made it all the way to the fence. They probably would have been in the park homers, but the Cubs had their players stand on the bases and block the runners, so Jack had to slow down at every base to avoid hitting the other player. The Cubs' coach refused to make his players move. After this happened the second time Rene' told Jack to push them out of the way because they were interfering when there was no play at that base. Jack never got a chance to test this method of Rene's as he struck out the last time.

All in all, Jack had a great game. He fielded well and is clearly one of the only kids on the team who is aware of where the ball is at all times.

During the game David was wrestling with a friend of his. I looked up and saw David and Brandon tearing in to each other like they were mad and fighting. I had Dolores go over and check it out. Well, once I realized it was his friend, I knew they were just playing. It was rough though! So rough that Brandon's cousin was hiding in the bushes away from them because he didn't know whether they were playing or not. David was red all over from scratches and kicks and head locks. He even has a big bruise on his leg. Crazy!

In honor of the Tigers' loss I had a root canal yesterday. It wasn't bad just long and my jaw was killing me by the end of the hour and a half procedure. I was a little sore afterwards. It felt like I had been punched in the face. Today it is a little tender, but I think I will survive without the hard painkillers. Hopefully by Sunday I will be able to eat again on the left side of my mouth.

Comments

Unknown said…
Does Thirsty Bear still post here???
Thirsty Bear said…
The Bear Lives.

Popular Posts